Univisión está buscando meteorólogos en Buenos Aires, para trabajar en Houston.
Acerca del empleo
Univision’s weather center is looking for an experienced, fully bilingual (Spanish/English), energetic, team driven Meteorologist to join our team at Univision’s Weather Center in Houston Texas. The ideal candidate must possess strong communication skills, have an engaging personality and the ability to tell the “weather story” in a clear, and meaningful manner. Creativity is a must!
- Analyze weather data to produce detailed and accurate forecasts using the latest weather technology
- Produce content on a variety of platforms including web, social media, and mobile app in addition to television.
- Respond to breaking and/or severe weather events as required. Work closely with the weather team to develop comprehensive weather coverage.
- Flexibility to work any shift, including overnight, holidays, weekends, and evenings
- Attend and participate in off-site company-sponsored and community events as assigned by station management
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or atmospheric sciences, or equivalent education
- Experience In-depth knowledge of weather science and excellent forecasting skills.
- Dynamic on-air presence with a conversational weather presentation.
- Proven on-air experience in handling breaking news and severe weather coverage Innovate ways to deliver weather info to our audiences.
- Fluency in Spanish, excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Minimum five years' experience in weather reporting or anchoring. Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to multi-task, work well under extreme pressure, and communicate effectively
Desired Skills & Experience
- Prior experience in Spanish language broadcasting is preferred
- Must be willing to work from office in Houston, TX
- Employment/education will be verified
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Must be able to work in outdoor and inclement weather conditions
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, edit, reach, and sit for up to (8) hours
Univision requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.